Friday, December 22, 2017

Slow Down There, Nelly!!

I just scrolled by this meme and it was just what I needed! It's coming on the New Year, which is the time when everyone makes big promises to themselves and has big ideas. During class today, Mike even mentioned how we were starting the New Year early and many of the people that would be in the gym soon would probably be gone by March.

It's fun to reflect and make new plans, and I've been feeling like it's time to get things going again because somehow I've been feeling fat again. I know it's just a visual thing and something I see in the mirror when I'm at the gym or at yoga and I see my body in motion and I see other gym and yoga bodies.


I'm realistic and I'm not depressed or discouraged. I just see that I have lots of room to keep going. I know I can get a lot stronger and build more endurance. I know I can keep helping my pain. But the excitement of the difference of what I looked like at 250 pounds and 200 pounds is giving way to wanting to be even more fit and less fat.

But I can't rush things. They will happen with the process that works. They won't happen by trying to starve myself or trying to workout like a maniac. It will take consistency and continuing to do all the things I've been doing. I can add things and grow, but I can't force. I can't be afraid of being a beginner. I'm still a beginner. I still have limitations. It hasn't even been a year yet and I've only been training for 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment